21 Nov 2013
The Texas Branch of the American Society for Microbiology announces the 2013-2014 Faculty Education and Mentoring Awards. One award of $1,000 in the area of excellence in education and one award of $1,000 in the area of excellence in mentoring will be given during the 2013-2014 academic year.
Applications must be sent electronically as *pdf files to the President of the Texas Branch American Society for Microbiology- Dr. Kendra Rumbaugh, Department of Surgery, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th St. MS 8312, Lubbock, TX 79430, email: Kendra.email@example.com
Application package must include:
1. Letter of nomination, plus at least one (but no more than 3) letters of support from previous or current mentees.
2. CV of nominee, including statement describing mentoring activities and listing information about previous mentees (e.g. degrees earned, current location, etc…)- 5 pg limit
1. Letter of nomination
2. CV and letter from nominee, including description of teaching experiences and statement of teaching philosophy
3. Examples of professional development materials (e.g. syllabi, assignments, etc…), limit 3
* All nominees should be a faculty member of a Texas Institution for Higher Learning and involved in Microbiology research or teaching. National ASM and branch membership also required.
• Deadline for receipt of all materials is Friday March 1, 2014.
Selection Committee will consist of the current or a former President of the Texas Branch ASM and 1-2 others appointed by the Texas Branch ASM Executive Committee.