2017-2018 Faculty Education and Mentoring Awards
Updated Deadline: September 30th, 2017!
Deadline: September 15, 2017
The Texas Branch of the American Society for Microbiology announces two faculty awards. One award of $1,000 in the area of excellence in education and one award of $1,000 in the area of excellence in mentoring will be given during the 2017-2018 academic year.
Applications must be sent electronically as PDF files to Dr. Lee Hughes, President of the ASM Texas Branch at Lee.Hughes@unt.edu.
Application package must include:
- Letter of nomination, plus at least one (but no more than 3) letters of support from previous or current mentees.
- CV of nominee, including statement describing mentoring activities and listing information about previous mentees (e.g. degrees earned, current location, etc.), limit 5 pages.
- Letter of nomination
- CV and letter from nominee, including description of teaching experiences and statement of teaching philosophy
- Examples of professional development materials (e.g. syllabi, assignments, etc.), limit 3 pages.
* All nominees should be a faculty member of a Texas Institution for Higher Learning and involved in Microbiology research or teaching. National ASM and branch membership also required.